Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Reports to: Head of data science
Key interactions:R&D Department, Marketing Analytics Department, Sales Department
Job Purpose/Role Description:
We are looking for a talented data scientist who is comfortable with databases, datasets, semi structured data as well as the ETL processes of data preparation, modelling and visualization tools.
As a Senior Data Scientist with Mass Analytics, you will thrive as a technical expert within our skilled team. You will leverage your expertise and knowledge of trends in analytics to give recommendations in order solve complex problems and promote best practices across the organization. You will be responsible for delivering MMM predictive models based on regression techniques according to the available data underlying projects, and customers expectations.
- Develop innovative solutions for trend recognition using machine learning and advanced statistics to analyze and organize raw data
- Evaluate business needs and objectives in terms of predictive modeling
- Transform complex databases into relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Help maintain our data mining tools and platforms
- Design, build, experiment and adapt new optimization heuristics and algorithms
- Integrate the validated new techniques and approaches within Mass Analytics products and solutions
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and Architects on projects
- Apply MLOPS to existing projects
- Validate the quality of the analytical approach and project outputs of other teams
Key Attributes/Main Competencies:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in the field of machine learning, data mining and regression analysis
- Proficiency in Java, python (Scala / Julia is a plus).
- Hands-on experience with: Apache SPARK, Superset, D3 or Prophet
- Familiarity with feature engineering and subset selection techniques
- Expert-level of understanding of the underlying theory of machine learning, and foundation of optimisation algorithms.
- Familiarity with global and local search optimisation algorithms.
- A multi-platform production experience with commercial and open-source big data and machine learning frameworks: Knowledge of the best practices of software development and delivery.
- Hands on experience with MLOPS tools and best practices of models delivery and maintenance is a major plus.
- Passion with new AI trends: Bayesian modelling, GANs, transformers, Explainable AI etc.
- Strong proven organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork
- Attention to details.