Job Title: Junior Software Engineer
Reports to: Senior R&D Manager
Key interactions: R&D Department
Job Purpose/Role Description:
The junior software engineer role includes building new features and maintaining existing software components. The position will require supporting all phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- Add new features
- Fix bugs
- Prepare documentation and design diagrams
- Testing (unit tests etc.)
- Support analysts working on data analytics projects
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- +1 year of experience
Key Attributes/Main Competencies:
- Familiarity with Java and object-oriented programming.
- Exposure to agile project management and Test Driven Development.
- Good problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance.
- Good time management skills with the ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Capable to communicate with technical and non-technical staff in a clear and effective manner.