Job Title: Director of Software Engineering
Reports to: CTO
Key interactions: Data Science Department, Marketing Analytics Department, Operations Department, Sales Department
Job Purpose/Role Description:
We are looking for a director to lead the software development department to deliver products in line with MASS Analytics business requirements. Namely to ensure these products are designed, implemented, and deployed according to the highest industry standards.
Working directly with the CTO, you will act as a technology and business expert, making decisions impacting current and future products. As the Software Development Director, you will be required to lead the software development department and set the team’s strategy to meet the company’s overall vision and business objectives.
You will be responsible for managing the department budgets and resources including talent recruitment and mentoring as well as project scoping, planning, and management.
You will also be in charge of designing the software architecture, ensuring the necessary coding standards are met and putting in place the required testing frameworks to guarantee the high-quality software required by the company’s clients.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts preferably related to Marketing Analytics and MarTech applications in general.
- Lead the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and deployment of various software products
- Manage all the activities of the software development team and set goals for each team member to ensure timely project delivery
- Work on team empowerment to grow team leads and enhance their skills for a better delivery in quantity, timeline and quality
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Develop objectives and strategies for the implementation of innovative solutions while optimizing existing systems, applications and information
- Ensure tight collaboration across departments to drive strategic initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- Proven experience in leading development teams (+10 years)
Key Attributes/Main Competencies
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions
- Strong programming skills
- Proficiency with modern software engineering concepts like agile methodology, test driven development etc.
- Proficiency with web applications and Cloud solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills